Tuesday, March 03, 2009

NEW WORK: Sticker Designs

I have worked with EK success for many years, and I can tell you it's always an amazing feeling to see me designs as finished products in the stores. Just this past weekend I wandered into a local Michael's store and discovered several of the projects I worked on over the last year have finally been released, so I share with you an example of the process!

This sticker is part of a series of 5 wedding themed designs. I did not know they were going to be cut/layered paper - it's wonderful to see the new and creative ways EK is producing their products.

This is cut/layered vellum with glitter themography. EK has changed the original design I submitted (they really like stems!), and it still looks great.

This was a fun one - toy race cars and race tracks. This is layered mylar, a shiny metallic material (that's obvious difficult to photograph). It's so much more impressive in person!

Now this is what really gets me. I've done a lot of sticker designs, completed in vector art, but these three items are from my first group of designs for Jolee's, EK's sticker embellishment line - all 3D materials. For these all I submitted where detailed sketches of various themes which where interpreted by the in-house design team. Wow! It's like they've really come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment