Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update: An Effort to Blog more

This is hard. With so much work do to, it's very difficult to find the time to blog with any regularity… unless I schedule it in. So I'm going to try this approach. We'll see if it works, but as most working freelancers know - the first things to get cut when time runs short are the things you aren't getting paid for. ;)

Lately I've been drawing everyday. Unfortunately none of it has been for fun or personal expression. It's been work, work, work. Work which I cannot share as of right now because it's all concept & development work. :(

So, I'm going to start sharing examples of some of my older work, that's already been released (hopefully on a semi-weekly basis). I'm going to start with examples of a few projects that were released this past Spring. These are dimensional stickers. I was given various themes to interpret and sketched out my concepts for icons that would work within those themes. Here are side-by-side comparisons of my sketches next to the final product.

Baby Toys

New Artist / Preschool

Best Mom / Mother's Day

Unfortunately I don't get to have anything to do with the actual product development and sampling beyond the sketches - but in this respect it's like getting a surprise present every time I see a new design released!

No comments:

Post a Comment