Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Trip to the Zoo!

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to be invited to a special tour at the zoo. Our ABQ Zoo is a fairly small one, and I live quite close (I used to live about 3 blocks away, I miss those days!) and I wish I got over there more often than I do. I think I'm making it a mid-year resolution to go more often, right now.

It was a gorgeous spring day and I was with friends, it couldn't have been more perfect. Although I mainly took pictures this time around (I usually try to do some sketching while I'm there), it was one of the most rewarding and exciting trips to the zoo for me, EVER. But, I'm not suppose to discuss the details online… so too bad for you guys, but wonderful for me and my memories. LOL

Brothers Kiska and Koluk at Inukshuk Bay

My long lost family… look, it's me, the one that's as tall as all the others while sitting down!


Beauty in the shadows

White Rhinos

Swishy-tailed Zebras

Spot the Mexican Wolf, he's totally in there.

Lovely Lizard

Zoo Keepers make the best of friends!
Thank you Jen & Angela (and Stephanie & Moxie) for a lovely afternoon!
*I have to admit, I had an ulterior motive for going to the zoo, it just worked out that there was an extra opportunity on this particular day. I've been thinking about going down to the Zoo with my book, The Zoo's Annual Piggyback Race, for sometime—and I finally did it. Of course, the gift shop is run by a large corporate office in Florida, but I did get contact information so I can get in touch with them. They run 16 different locations so if I can make this happen, my little book might actually get seen in zoos around the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment