Wednesday, May 14, 2014

SCBWI-NM Illustrator's Meeting, May (Preparing Digital Images for Optimal Print Reproduction)

Yesterday, we had our SCBWI-NM Illustrator's group meeting for May.



As usual, at 5pm we started with dinner and socializing at a local cafe. Unfortunately, I'd had a dental emergency earlier in the day and was on some medication that was not agreeing with me… so I don't really remember much of the evening. :( But I hung in there the best I could and got to chat with people a little.

At 6pm, the we moved on over to Alamosa Books, where Lois Bradley lead a a riveting discussion with us about maximizing digital artwork files for print output. I wish I could say I remember it. I had to lay down for a bit, and only caught snippets of the talk. Luckily, Lois provided a detailed worksheet that details her process and I plan to go over it soon! I do know that members in attendance had many questions for Lois and the whole group had a great time discussing and learning about the topic. ;)

After the talk, we had a brief Show and Tell where local illustrators, Lisa Casaus, and Jeanne Bowman talked about some local events their preparing for. Lisa did a poster for the Albuquerque Mini-Maker Faire coming up in September! Jeanne showed us her amazingly detailed, hand-made box-cards that she's preparing for the Albuquerque Bubonicon in August! Gorgeous work, ladies!



Thankfully, I am recovering well from my bad reaction to the meds. Hopefully that's all behind me now and I can move on to all the work ahead! Until next month!!

1 comment:

Chrisman Framing said...

I like those shadow boxes in photo here. Looks like a fun project!

Post a Comment