Sunday, June 17, 2007

WRECK THIS JOURNAL: Keri Smith


Keri Smith is an amazing author, artist, and creative spirit. She has written several inspirational creativity books. This is her newest (there's ANOTHER one coming shortly - Guerilla Art Kit). I've been waiting for this one! After work on Friday I went over the the local B&N and picked it up. I was so anxious to get home and start destroying it. I have a serious perfectionist problem, but I love happy accidents. Playing with this journal is a reminder that you can find beauty in everything, even things that are beat up, destroyed, burned, scratched and more. Relax, let go, have FUN! Thank you Keri!!







Coincidentally, when I walked in to ask if they had the journal, the girl helping me asked me to wait while she went to retrieve it for me. While I stood at the information desk, I notice an interesting book sitting on the counter. I waited for someone to return and I asked if it was being held for someone. It wasn't, so I took it and went to sit down and started reading. It's called ˆGig: Americans Talk about Their Jobsˆ. It's really extremely interesting, and easy to sit and read in short spurts because it’s a series short essays by individuals living and working myriad jobs across the country. Being at a stage that I am really questioning what it is that I am doing and what I would LIKE to be doing, this seemed to fall out of the sky at just the right time. I haven't actually ˆboughtˆ the book, but I've been back to B&N twice and picked it up to read a bit more... is that bad? Check it out:

1 comment:

Tóth Mária said...

Labels: I'd like to get your labels if this only a funy making, but isn't necessary.
I'm a collector and I'll be very glad If you could send me from your area. You can write me to tmara@zhnet.hu

Post a Comment