Sunday, October 17, 2010

New Work: Sticker Sunday - "Halloween Gravestones"

This week's Illustration Friday theme is "Spooky" and I just happen to have some fun spooky sticker projects that were recently released into stores. But, I feel it's a bit of a cheat to post work I've already done for IF, so I'm not going to do it. Instead, I'm REALLY going to try and carve out some time this week to work on a new Illustration Friday inspired piece.

This was a really fun project. I'm not a copy writer, so while the client gave me the theme of "funny halloween gravestones", I turned around and asked THEM to provide the text content. I felt there was just too much liability involved with words and text, and since it's not my area of expertise, I didn't want to be in the position to be held responsible. I was pretty happy with the list they sent me though, and it was fun making the gravestone designs to go with them, and finding fonts to fit the spooky mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment