Monday, April 11, 2011

Update: Masterworks - Artwork Sold

As I hurt my drawing hand on Friday, I wanted to make sure I took some time to heal properly. When I found out the Masterworks show was looking for volunteer "sitters" yesterday, I figured it would be a good way to avoid working/over using my hand, and visit the show again (not to mention just getting out of the house!) -- there also happened to be a colored pencil workshop going on at the show - with renowned colored pencil artist Melissa Miller Nece - so I got the visit the attendees (many local CPSA group members) and listen in a bit as well -- Bonus!

When I arrived, I discovered my favorite, award winning, piece had sold. Of course, I'm glad it sold and someone loves it and wants to take it home and cherish it - it makes me happy I've made someone happy. At the same time, I'm sad. It's so hard to let go of my artwork - which is probably why I don't do much gallery work. But, I really should grow up a bit and get on with the business of art -- this is what I do, and I'm good at it. There's really no need to be a starving artist after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment