Friday, July 29, 2011

New Work: The Z-Kids 5 yr Celebration

Last week I learned from my friend, Christina Rodriguez, about Aaron Zenz's art-blog project (loveingly titled: Chicken Nugget Lemon Tooty) started for his kids (the Z-Kids). Turns out they are going to be celebrating their 5th anniversary next week, wow! In celebration of this anniversary, Aaron and kids invited artist friends to peruse the collected works on the blog, and recreate it in their own illustrative style (an event they started 2 years ago with the Z-Kids blog 3rd anniversary).

It was hard to choose, but I ended up picking this little Wabbit, by Gracie. I enjoy venturing into the darker side of illustration once in a while…but the more playful side of the darker side, kinda like Tim Burton ;). Anyway, I started some sketches, and just kept working at it for a few days, all teh while planning to incorporate the wonderful subtitle of the piece into the artwork (because it's just too funny and I also enjoy hand-lettering)… and here are the results:

Gracie's Original Drawing:
My Recreation:

Aaron tells me the celebreation post with the collected submissions will be posted around the end of this coming week - check for it - and visit the Z-Kids blog often, they're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment