Monday, July 04, 2011

Random Sketches


Practice, practice, practice.

Actors, Chloe Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee from Let Me In, a mediocre remake of the original, Let the Right One In. But, this one is set in 1980s Los Alamos, NM, which was kinda cool. ;)

I've never been much of a portraitist, likenesses are so difficult, maybe that's why I prefer drawing animals? But I've kind of given myself the assignment of drawing more kids lately… so here are a couple from the big screen. It's experimenting too - pencil sketch vs. pen and ink (I like the sketch better - sometimes the line of pen & ink is just too harsh for me - something to work on). Although usually kids tend to look OLDER in drawings, I somehow made Kodi look younger - I think I shortened his nose a bit. LOL. Ah well, now maybe I'll try some more styled versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment