Sunday, June 19, 2011

New Work: Sticker Sunday - Happy Father's Day


Not everyone has the world's greatest Dad, but I suspect there are a LOT of us that think we do… which really says it all. Dads Rule. I myself, can't say enough great things about my Dad. Last year, when I bought my first house, he came to stay with me for a month to help me with various house projects and generally settle in. Then, a few months later, he drove across the country with me in his truck - schlepping all my "stuff" that had been in storage back east out to my new home… then stayed for another month, culminating with a visit from from Mom and a family Christmas together. Wow!
I really hate that I somehow managed to settle myself so far away from my parents, but at the same time, I think it helps me appreciate them both more. Happy Father's Day, Dad! Wish I could be there today, but lucky me - I'll get to see you at the end of the week! :)

Above is a sticker I designed a few years ago. I don't think it was ever distributed nationally, but it must have been a special order for a specific Retailer - because I got a sample (wish I remember WHERE). I made this Appreciation/ThankYou card for my Dad and used the sample, so I don't have a picture of the whole sticker sheet and I can't find one online. It's a shame, I really liked this design - a counterpart to my Best Mom design that is readily available in stores and online.

Below is another Dad themed sticker I designed last year. Same themes, but slightly different as icons are given more equal focus. I have the sketch and vector art I provided them, and the actual product seems like a pretty literal interpretation. But It's interesting to see how much vector drawing details are lost (like the necktie for example) and how they changed the gem placement (also on the tie). Funny little things. Still, I think it looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment