Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Work: Sticker Sunday - "Congrats Grad"


It's still Graduation season, at least it's winding down… actually I have no idea but I have one more grad theme to share so here it is… I did this one for the Jolee's line of 3D stickers. At this point, I've been doing these sketches for a long time and I've developed a clean, but very editable, way of presenting concept sketches (lots of layers , mirrored half-sketches, etc).

I think I've drawn 5 or 6 really detailed gem illustrations and I just use them on EVERYTHING now, so I don't have to go back and draw gems every time I need to suggest an embellishment.

They translated this design quite literally… although I don't think the glitter looks quite as good in actuality as it did in concept. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment